Sunday, February 4, 2007

Motorola interview

3 February 2007

Today i had the very first job interview in my life at Mandarin Oriental Hotel with Motorola. I was schedule to have my interview on 10am with an eletrical engineer. Each person is allocated a 30 mins time slot. I guess nth much can be asked for such a short period.

Before the event started, breakfast was served.. 3 types of erm.. delicacies i shall call them.. were served. All 3 types of food were cut into tiny tiny pieces which u can actually swallow them in once.. but i dun suggest ladies to do that especially in ur "big" day :D First one i took was a tiny piece of carrot cake, the second one is raw salmon roll in "slightly harder popiah skin", third one.. tomatoes and mushrooms on toasted baguette slice.. sorry that i was too busy enjoying the food till i forgot to take picture.. however, i dun think i will snap one even though i remember it :"> u know.. the "big" day..

After we finished our meals, we started looking for a place to put our forks and plates.. too used to Agilent ethic :"> in fact we only need to leave our used plates and forks on any visible places and the waiters will clear it for us... hahaha.. erm.. are we too kampung or wat? *wink*

There were door gifts as well... each of us were given a backpack with mousepad and pen in it.. in the end of the function there would be a lucky draw.. which a motorola handphone will be given out..

ok.. enuff for that.. lets get back to the interview :) all of us were being asked about our fyp.. as in my case.. my interviewer insist me to draw out my fyp and explain to him... although i told him that it would take me and him a lot of time if i was to explain how a viterbi algorythm works.. however.. i have no choice since he wanted me to..no technical questions other than asking about my fyp and trying to test my understanding on the project... i think mostly is because i did mention sth about the transmitter and receiver... haha.. who knows..

Heres are some techinical questions which were asked by other interviewers to other condidates.. filters... transistors... receiver structure... op amp.. drawing circuits.. etc.. i can only remember these few :">

one thing for sure.. you have to revise... revise and revise ur basic electronics, field theory and possible circuit theory.. and not to forget RF if you are doing telecom and microwave..

I guess thats all for now.. i will try to post up more tips after my second job interview which will be with Agilent... that will be a 3 hour assessment.. wish me luck :|

and .. good nite for now

2 comments:

Cal Clenz said...

haha...gek aa :p type so long ....
lazy read all :p c u around :)

yingying said...

i also dun realise it punlished out to be that long.. ^o^

anyway.. hows ur pc going? :D